Sunday, January 2, 2011

Dry Erase Dinner Menu

I don't know about you guys...but I'm not a huge fan of chalk. My mom has a chalk board where she writes down our dinner menu for each week, and its not my favorite. I've seen on other blogs where people make dry erase things out of picture frames. I figured, why not make her a menu board? So heres how I did it.


You need a frame, a 8x12 one (unless you want a smaller one.) 
I bought this frame at the dollar store.



 If you like the color of your frame, awesome...if not, paint it!
I was going to spray paint this one black...but we didn't have any spray paint. 
I used craft paint... and painted two coats. Make sure you tape up the glass, 
unless you can take the glass out.... it was hard to take the glass out of this 
frame, so I just taped it up.


I opened a word document and typed up a cute menu outline.
If you want the outline, just email me at pinkypromises.blog@gmail.com 
and I'd be happy to send it to you.
(I don't know how to link downloads on here yet.)

I waited for the paint to dry and then stuck the menu outline in the frame...
 and ta-da! Couldn't be any easier and its a super cute project. Use a dry erase 
marker and write on the glass, it wipes right off :)


Photobucket

2 comments:

Seth, Ash, and Arailia Hendrickson said...

I made one of these like a year ago but then got lazy and stopped using the idea! What I did with mine to change it up like for holidays and such I put a scrapbook paper (holiday paper) inside the frame and then on the glass made vinyl letters that had dates of the week and menu! ove this idea!! Keep um comin girl! Im your biggest fan lol

Http://whatmeeganmakes.com said...

I am excited to make this for us! It will help me be more organized and help Rey know what we are having :) (That's always important!)
Your blog looks great! Thanks for sharing some great ideas! Keep 'em coming!

Post a Comment